How to Get Building Permits in Palm Beach County
Learn the 5 Things You Should Know About Doing DIY Home Remodelling Work in Boca Raton, Delray, Boynton, West Palm or Anywhere in PBC.
Do you live in the Palm Beach County area…from Boca Raton to West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens? Many of you are probably taking time right now to do some upgrades on your home. If you’ve been to Lowe’s or Home Depot lately, you see how packed it is with DIY.
We might be going through a global pandemic, right now, but that is not going to stop some from making those much-needed upgrades.
Keeping that in mind, we have some steps you should follow to ensure you get the proper paperwork together for your upgrade or remodel in Palm Beach County
A global pandemic does not mean you do not have to follow the rules concerning coding and close and open permits.
- The Inspection
This is the first step you need to take whether you hire someone or do the work yourself. You need a licensed and professional inspector to come and take a look at your house ‘as-is’. They can give you suggestions on what you have to change so you can move forward with the remodel or upgrade.
Say, for example, you are considering doing the work yourself. You need to call the contractor and have them come. They will either approve the work or they will tell you what to fix so they can approve the work.
For example. If you are hiring a contractor, ask them to make the call and get someone. They might have already done it for you. The inspector will either tell the contractor it is okay to proceed or they will give a list of what needs to be fixed. Some of the common fixes include code violations.
Some fixes might take longer depending on the severity of the problem, and the number of code violations the property has. So if you tried to build a tiki hut in the backyard of your home in Sherwood Forest in Delray Beach and it’s looking a little ‘slanty’, you may have some issues to contend with.
Need help with your code violations? Contact the pros at Close Permits Fast for a complimentary consultation at 888-905-4436.
This is the next step of the process regardless of whether you inquire about closed permits or open permits.
The 5 Things You Have To Know About Permits
1) You might not have to get a permit. That is something you have to talk to the inspector about. Some fixes are simple enough that open close permits are not needed.
2) Some people get weird about talking to the permit office. They assume that the office is going to “get all up in their business”. All the Palm Beach County permit office is there to make sure everything runs smoothly and safely. They might ask you a few questions, but nothing too major.
The Palm Beach County Planning, Zoning and Building main office address is 2300 N. Jog Road, West Palm Beach.
3) The cost for the permits is going to differ. That means there is no set fee. The office bases the price based on the complexity and what is needed. Do you want to build a fence on your property in Lake Worth? That could cost you as little as $50. Do you plan on building a brand new house on your property in Boynton Beach? That could run you upward of $2,000 or more.
4) The inspection is mandatory, as stated above. You cannot move forward without one, regardless of how small or large the project is.
5) You might fail the inspection the first time around. Do not give up hope. Some homeowners in Palm Beach county give up on the permits due to the inspection fail. The inspector is going to give you every chance to pass it.
Do not let one setback influence how you move forward.
Need help getting your permits, closing your open permits? Call Close Permits Fast for friendly, professional advice at 888-905-4436.
Visit www.ClosePermitsFast.com today. We are fully licensed for everything involving permits and zoning licenses. Our office are located in Palm Beach Gardens and we serve all of Palm Beach and Broward Counties.